Saturday, 3 November 2012
Phase Eight Blogger Party Outfit Challenge
This week I received an e-mail from Phase Eight inviting me to take part in their Blogger Party Outfit Challenge with the chance to win a £250 voucher to spend in store. It was quite timely really with my current obsession with the shop and also my party themed posts...you can see my entry above with the vital details below...
1. The Dress: I chose the Lorabelle Sequin Dress at £130. I'm bearing an office night out in mind for this post and I wanted something striking but not too revealing. The classic shift shape of this dress combined with killer blue sequins to make a statement makes this dress perfect. I am loving the perfect blue shade too, it reminds me of fairy lights for some reason...
2. I wanted to keep jewellery simple with such a standout dress and although Phase Eight deem this Beaded Bracelet as a perfect casual piece (and only £12) I think it works really well as a solo accompaniment to the dress. Going without jewellery is a party no-no for me but I didn't want to overshadow the sequins.
3. Likewise with the bag, I wanted something understated but stunning. This Beaded Clutch Bag costs £55 and is just the right side of bling. I'm a fan of silver against blue and it ties in with the colour theme quite nicely! I'm usually a big bag kind of girl but I think I can manage to squish phone, keys and cash in to this quite easily (though it may take some effort not to put it down somewhere and forget it!)
4. And finally the shoes. I have no idea how my foot will be by party season so I wanted to go for something pretty but supportive. The Edina T-Bar Platforms tone in nicely with the rest of the outfit but don't look like they'll leave me limping. Although they cost £110 I see these as an investment because the classic style means they can easily be dressed down for day, too.
so I'm talking like I can afford this little lot, and if I could I would buy this in a heartbeat. There is always pressure to impress at the office do, especially when you are surrounded by high flying GPs! Fingers crossed I get lucky and can at least treat myself to the dress and shoes...
What do you think of my dream outfit? What would yours be?
P.S. Check out the Phase-Eight blog for more on this and how to enter for yourselves.
- ► 2013 (401)
- Get Ready to Shwap
- staying neutral
- "you look kind of...Scottish"
- shelikes metallics
- scruffy in pink
- Alternative shoe of the week: La Paire
- Lust List: Kristina Goes West
- Girl in Black
- What's Your #partypose?
- WIN shapewear from Pretty Please
- Gift Guide; Lulu Guinness for Cocosa
- owl about
- Be Savings Savvy with Sales Gossip
- sequins for day
- Boot Camp
- It's Back: Revlon Sweet Boutique
- Potential Party Dresses: The One?
- (Not so) Secret Sales
- Sarenza Shoe of the Week: Cereal Killer
- Audrey: The 60s
- feathers and sparkle
- Buy shoes, do good with Yull!
- Potential Party Dresses: Apricot x Now Magazine
- Expect the un-expected with CyberCandy
- No time for the blues
- Smelling good with Burt's Bees
- Review: Frankie & Benny's new Cocktail Menu
- return of the tights
- Birds + Bees
- Zatchels x Hello Kitty
- Sarenza Shoe of the Week
- Style Statement with Love my Custom
- Child's Play
- Heads Up: Win a Luxury Shopping Trip in Bristol
- Gifts for Everyone (Including You) at Amara
- Beauty: Naturally Nude with MeMeMe
- Wish List/Festive Fashion: Psyche
- Casually Glamorous
- A Naturally Lite Energy Boost with Scheckter's
- All dressed up and McQueen Dreams
- Snakeskin Style by Ted Baker
- Oh Deer
- Daisy Chain Dreaming: Lancelot Knight
- Novelty Knitwear Addict
- Sarenza Shoe of the Week
- Mad for Miista
- Potential Party Dresses Part 2: Ax Paris
- Phase Eight Blogger Party Outfit Challenge
- Potential Party Dresses Part 1: Chi Chi
- Win a Pineapple tracksuit.
- Instant October Recap
- Widen your Shopping Horizons *guest post*
- ▼ November (55)
- ► 2011 (477)
- ► 2010 (190)