Platform 51, is a charity that supports disadvantaged women and girls across England and Wales. On International Woman's Day they launched 'Glad Rags', a month long YouTube campaign to raise awareness of low-level mental health issues and empower women to come together in a positive way to share experiences and raise self-esteem and confidence.
They have been asking women to upload videos to our YouTube channel where they are wearing an outfit that makes them feel good about themselves - this could be them wearing their favourite dress, or the suit they wore to a successful job interview - to encourage them to engage with low level mental health issues in a positive way. It would be great if you'd contribute a video to the campaign, and you can style it in whatever way you like and make it as creative as you want.
Platform 51 has conducted some research showing that 33% of all women have taken antidepressants and more than half weren’t offered an alternative. 24% currently taking antidepressants have been on them for 10 years or more and 24% have not had a review of their treatment for a year or more at some point. We are therefore calling for a review (there is a petition being run as part of the campaign) in the way low-level mental illness is treated in this country and an end to the stigma that surrounds mental health.
You can find the petition here
Let me know if you upload a video; and please spread the word about this fabulous campaign.
- a break from the brights
- Daisy Chain Dreaming: Daisy Lace & Studs from Lola...
- Midi Adventure
- Platform 51
- life in an instagram
- Gone Green
- What Makes you Happy? Win £50 Topshop voucher!
- Sarenza A-Z: K is for Kenzo
- Daisy Chain Dreaming: Gwynedds
- Bristol Fashion Week; What I Saw
- Smarten up your Style with Concrete Cases
- Bristol Fashion Week; What I Wore
- (I lack) patience
- As one ends...*giveaway with Madam Rage*
- further adventures in floral
- Fresh Flames for Day and Night
- spring fever
- free to be supreme x my wardrobe
- Sarenza A-Z: Jeffrey Campbell
- Full Repair
- YULL shoes; Made in England
- stand-in pet
- Going Retro with FYFO and Gola; giveaway
- Rock on with Weston Scarves
- bread, milk, dress
- can you work it out?
- everyday ethical with Komodo
- wild side
- Introducing Stud & Stud
- it's ok, I have sparkly shoes on
- Spring Fling
- ▼ March (34)
- ► 2011 (477)
- ► 2010 (190)