Thursday, 22 April 2010
Together we have a Voice + Giveaway
Check out this picture, isn't it stunning? This was shot by the amazingly talented Jill for American Apparel. Jill is someone I am proud to call a friend, she is an incredible photographer who captures fantastic shots of street style around London, she is also an incredible person to know...so wise and insightful.
Right now Jill is on a mission, in her own words:
"I mean, let's face it: most of us who blog are already doing our bit, for free, for our favourite brands' PR. It's just a fine line, really. I want to do this as a series, shooting YOU: the Dot Icons on the street. Together, we can transform how advertising works.
Together, I passionately believe, we have a voice".
To find out more, and check out the rest of Jill's amazing work, head on over to her blog: Street Style Pics By Polka Dot
And in other exciting news, I have a giveaway for you dear readers! Thank you to the lovely Sarah, creator of Karma Cards
Sarah has kindly offered up a set of 15 cards printed on luxuriously thick paper so you can spread some karma around the world.
Would it not make your day to find one of these when you need a boost most?
Entering is simple, just follow these steps...
1. Giveaway is open from 11am today (22nd April) through to 11am next Thursday (29th April) GMT.
2. To enter leave a comment on this post telling me where you'd hide/love to find a karma card hidden. Here are a few ideas from Sarah's blog:
"Now start paying it forward! Tuck those cards somewhere that someone will find them. Ideas?
* inside the bill folder at a restaurant
* inside a book
* in a bathroom stall at a bar
* under wiper blades
* in bike spokes
* on the window of a bus
* in a random mailbox slot
* in a napkin dispenser"
3. Once the giveaway has ended, a winner will be selected using a random number generator. Please make sure you leave a way for me to contact you when you comment- an e-mail or blog address is fine.
4. That's it. If you want to become a follower, tweet etc etc that's fine, but not essential!
To find out more and get inspired don't forget to go and say hello to Sarah! And good luck!
(giveaway is open to ALL readers)
- ► 2012 (540)
- ► 2011 (477)
- Another Year
- Black Milk part three and ecosystem
- two outfits
- Together we have a Voice + Giveaway
- Baking Post; Rocky Road
- Black Milk part two
- Have You Got What it Takes? Two competitions for y...
- T-post and Polka Dots
- Black Milk part one
- predictable? and discount codes
- sunshine and shops
- 08.04 a day behind
- 06.04 naval
- lusting after liberty
- ▼ April (17)