The other day I was tagged by Amy Marie to write about 10 things that make me happy. I think I've done this tag before, but I have an endless list of things that make me happy so hopefully there will be some new things featured. I think I'm going to stray away from the deep and meaningful happy-makers and focus on the light hearted and material side of life this time...
1. Baking; always puts me in a good mood, especially when I make things that get fantastic feedback- from lovely blog readers, to the people who eat it. My favourite folks to bake for are my Mum's colleagues and I'm getting more and more requests for work day treats. I currently have a running list of things I want to make, so expect more photos and recipe posts.
2. Cereal; NOTHING makes a better snack than cereal sans milk. I am obsessed and currently have seven different boxes in my possession.
I used to LOVE these as a kid and still mourn their disappearance from the UK, yet stubbornly refuse to pay £7 for a box.
3. Magazines; from glossy fashion magazines to the cheap and cheerful woman's weeklies full of bizarre true life stories. I find magazines a real indulgence and nothing can match curling up with one, and a mug of tea on a cold raining afternoon. Or in the Summer, lazing in the garden with a stack of the latest releases.
4. Post; Getting a handwritten letter or un-expected package in the mail is a sure fire way to turn my mood around.
This was sent by a friend who knows me far too well.
Self explanatory ;)
6. Reading a new book; I love and support my local library as much as possible, in fact I rarely indulge in buying a book brand new, but when I do the feeling of being the first to open and read it makes me smile inside. I am odd. It is official.
7. Bold makeup; Brightens the dullest of days.
8. Making jewellery; Something I don't do often enough right now, it gives an amazing sense of achievement, even more so when people like it enough to buy it.
This will forever be a favourite.
9. Good hair days; because they rarely happen in my world.
10. Watching someone do something un-intentionally stupid; don't pretend that seeing someone walk smack bang in to a glass door, or trip over their own feet doesn't make you giggle, too!
I'm supposed to now tag 10 people, but well, 10 just isn't enough. I want everyone (who can be bothered) to do this and spread the cheer.
- ► 2012 (540)
- ► 2011 (477)
- ▼ February (16)