I'm really excited to announce that I've teamed up with fab discount code site www.DiscountCoder.com to giveaway a £25 Topshop voucher to one lucky winner.
The rules are simple:
1. Giveaway is open to UK readers only (sorry my international loves, I'll be running more giveaways soon!)
2. To be entered just leave a comment on this post, with a way for me to get in touch with you if you win (e-mail address or blog link)
3. The giveaway will close in one week, at midday, Sunday 7th February. The winner will be picked using a random number generator.
Be sure to check out DiscountCoder for money off your online shopping at stores like La Senza, Wallis and Very.co.uk to name just a few.
~ ~ ~
And, as requested here is a treat for everyone...the recipe for the Lemon Madeira Cake (which has proved to be a huge hit here)
If you don't want to eat the entire cake at once, please note it can be kept in the freezer for up to three months and thawed as required.
150 g (5 oz) butter or margarine
150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
3 medium eggs, lightly whisked
225 g (8 oz) Be-Ro Self Raising Flour (any self raising flour is fine)
few drops lemon essence (I subbed this for the zest of one large lemon)
thin slices citron peel (optional)
1 Heat oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4. Grease an 18 cm (7 inch) cake tin.
2 Cream fat and sugar, beat in lightly whisked eggs with a little flour.
3 Add essence, then fold in the remaining flour.
4 Bake for about 1¼ hours. Place peel on top after half an hour in the oven if using this.
I found because I baked mine in a shallow tray, it only took 35 mins to be cooked to perfection, so please be aware of this when attempting this!
The cupcakes took around 15 minutes, but depending on size could take anything from 10 minutes upwards.
Have fun and enjoy
- ► 2013 (401)
- ► 2012 (540)
- ► 2011 (477)
- 31.01 Giveaway and Recipe
- 29.01 finally
- 27.01 keeping busy
- 25.01 Winner
- 22.01 metal mouth
- 20.01 what I wore yesterday
- 18.01 outfit+giveaway
- Jewellery Sale
- 16.01 Post 100
- My Top Picks for S/S10 under £40
- 13.01 simple stripes
- Company Spotlight: Wickedelic Lingerie
- 11.01 grey day
- 10.01 winter beauty
- 08.01 so over it
- 06.01 snow business
- 04.01 outfits
- 02.01 clean slate
- ▼ January (19)