Here are the recipes for the goodies I made on Thursday, so many people requested them I thought making a post was my best bet!
75g (3 oz) self raising flour
75g (3 oz) porridge oats
75g (3 oz) sugar (I used dark brown sugar but any kind will work)
75g (3 oz) butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 tablespoon milk
I also added 45g M&Ms but I think you could add in any candy or dried fruit/nuts!
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Mix in rolled oats and sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir until heated through. Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix until well combined. Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.
Rice Krispy Treats
•100g toffee (individual sweets or a slab) I hope to experiment with varying flavours
•100g butter or margarine
•100g Rice Krispies
- Grease a shallow 28x18cm tin with butter or margarine on a paper towel.
If you have a slab of toffee, put it in a plastic bag and break it up with a rolling pin.
- Put the toffee, butter or margarine and marshmallows into a pan. Melt them gently over a low heat, stirring all the time.
- When melted and blended, take the pan off the heat and gently stir in the Rice Krispies.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press it gently with the back of a metal spoon. Leave to set then cut into squares.
Have fun trying these out, and taste testing of course!
I hope to do a lot more baking in the near future, I've re-discovered how much I love being in the kitchen.
Do you have a favourite recipe? Feel free to share it with me, I'd love to try out some new things!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend
- ► 2012 (540)
- ► 2011 (477)
- ► 2010 (190)
- ▼ 2009 (89)